8.17.2008

And Worlds Collided...

It's weird, living on two different fronts... I've got family and friends in Tulsa. Wilmore isn't far behind. Kinda lacking in the family category, but friends are there.

Traveling from one place to another is weird. You jump in a car and zone out for 12 hours... Or you hop on a plane and wake up in a different time zone. Either way. I check out mentally during the trip. And when I check back in... It's like waking up from a dream. Almost like the other world didn't exist in some odd way, and the place I woke up was the only world that mattered.

Until this past week... When my mother, sister, and youngest brother came out to Wilville on a whirlwind tour to see the lay of the land and where I was doing grad school. People from one world visited the other...

And the worlds collided. It was weird. Seeing pictures stuck in a different frame. Not a frame that didn't fit, or a frame that looked ugly. Just a different one... And a good one.

My family loves where I am. They support me wholeheartedly. I'm grateful. And the trip that the four of us had was like nothing I'd experienced.

And I wondered if... If.

If that was kinda how the Incarnation worked. Worlds collided. And it was different... But it was beautiful. Odd, but meaningful. Inexplicable, but significant. And somehow... it was the most rockingest thing ever.

2 comments:

Mark Burleson said...

Awesome Bro. It was good to see you the few times I was able to while you were here.

I'm thankful to be able to have you as a friend for sures

irishtater said...

This post is very inspired. I love taking seemingly disparate things and letting them collide in thought. Why should a trip to Kentucky remind a person of the incarnation? WHY NOT? That is a better question. Just you making this connection, to my mind, is another collision of sorts - one that can occur in a mind that is being transformed by renewal.