6.17.2007

Thoughts Regarding Napping Upon Trampolines

You should try it.

This afternoon, I had the most singular experience. I was able to slip the surly bonds of existence and relax in a state of tranquil bliss unlike anything I have experienced.

Okay, so I really just took a nap on the trampoline in the backyard, but it sure felt great. I would highly recommend the experience.

It all started as a whim; I was just going to lay down and stare at the trees while my laundry was finishing up. I caught up my iced tea in one hand, a large fistful of Sunday-style-sleepiness in the other, and kicked back on top of a rather large black circle.

The sky was a little cloudy, so the sun wasn't too bright. The air was just a tad breezy, so the bugs were staying away. Surrounded by the wonder of nature, I stared upward. Towards the blue sky gleefully mottled with clouds. Towards the treetops gently swaying in the wind.

I took off my long-sleeved shirt and rolled it up under my head; it would make a decent pillow. I relaxed and let the wind play with my hair. I don't remember much after that.

Until I woke up. The sun had come out and was endeavoring to bake the trampoline, as well as it's occupant. Some bug had tried to eat my hand, but fortunately found the task a bit too daunting. My iced tea was unfortunately no longer iced.

However, the experience remained great. I think I'll do it again.

No comments: